Wednesday, October 8, 2008

4th Year, 2nd Rotation = EMERGENCY MEDICINE

Started my new rotation on Monday (6th Oct) and I'm doing Emergency Medicine in a smaller hospital near city center (will remain anonymous) =P.

So far, the rotation is going on well. Apart from the fact that we were asked to leave the A&E (Accident & Emergency or some may call it Emergency Room) on Monday because it was really hectic and chaotic! It was our first day there and we were doing psychiatry before that, of course we're going to be in their way and would not be of any help to them.. (an excuse to the rude nurse, really!)

Last night I was on the night shift, started from 4pm and supposedly finished at 12am, but the last bus home is at 11.15pm, so I wouldn't take any chances of walking home alone at midnite with the main street swarming with intoxicated people.. no2.. It was fun tho, got to do and see loads of stuff.. =)

Anyhoo, what I would like to tell u is that: Do not believe what u see in the television!! A&E is not always as busy as what u see in the TV show, ER.. hahaha.. but it is interesting really.. Could I see myself working in the A&E when I qualify? Hmm... maybe... =)

No comments: