Monday, February 9, 2009

4th Year, 5th Rotation = ENT aka Otorhinolaryngology

Wow.. that is mouthful!
Anyway, I'm on my 2nd and last week of my ENT rotation here in Limerick (it's freaking cold here btw)...
How do I feel about this rotation? Hmm, I'm kinda enjoying it so far.. Apart from the fact that I have to see wax (oops, I mean cerumen) everyday.. =P
I guess this subject is important especially if you're going down the GP lane.. You'll be seeing ENT cases everyday in your practice, so a good knowledge base on ENT is going to be in handy..

Btw, I saw a tracheostomy tube being cleaned and changed last week.. not a pretty sight and definitely not a good experience for the patient..

And my first experience of a very rude patient in OPD.. How dare she, to be calling the sweetest and nicest nurse ever, a B*tch!!

No comments: