Thursday, November 27, 2008

4th Year, 3rd Rotation-2nd week = SPEC SURG: PLASTIC

Plastic surgery is not too bad.. =)
I thought I was going to hate this rotation (as I am not a major fan of surgery, esp orthopaedic), but surprisingly it is quite interesting. Especially after seeing a breast reduction and reconstruction surgery using latissimus dorsi flap.

I am just quite disappointed that I couldn't go to ward round & OPD today due to my reaction to MMR vaccine which I got yesterday afternoon. I'm feeling feverish and got a headache and they wouldn't go away after 2 bouts of paracetamol! (and I am not a big fan of medications!)

I am actually vaccinated against both measles and mumps. Unfortunately, after the student health centre did my blood test, it turns out that I am not vaccinated against rubella, hence the commotion of getting MMR again, giving me this prodromal symptoms and sore left arm.

On Monday, my group mates & I had to go to the health centre to check our BCG status. They just wanted to inspect our scars, and I have a huge scar on my deltoid region!! Unfortunately still, people from Malaysia had to do Mantoux test and chest X-ray as we come from a high endemicity region. *sigh*. 20 euros down the drain just to get the test done which stings like hell. I hope they won't make a big hassle about getting the X-ray done because I don't plan to do so.. I have no idea how much it is going to cost us to do an X-ray here, as the GP said, "it's up to the hospital whether they want to charge u or not.." (???) I don't plan on spending on an X-ray when I don't have any symptoms of TB nor any other chest problems, thank you..

-sick & annoyed-

No comments: