Sunday, January 11, 2009

4th Year, 4th rotation = Medicine (Geriatrics)

Hey there..

I'm doing my medicine rotation now, in geriatrics (or some of you might call it medical gerontology).. So far so good, kinda enjoying myself.. FYI, this is my God-knows-how-many-times I'm doing geriatrics since 3rd year and my patient for family attachment in 2nd year was also a geriatric patient. The team is nice and the consultants are super-duper friendly and enthusiastic in teaching..

The schedule is not that bad either.. 9 to 4/5 (if I wanna stay or when we have tutorial) but the geriatric team only expect me to be there until lunch hour.. =P. But being the nice girl that I am (ehem), I would try to stay until around 4 or 5.. =P

I have another week in geriatrics before I have to be in another hospital for another 2 weeks. I don't know med school's system in deciding our attachments but from the way things are going, the system isn't really good, I reckon.. Geriatrics and Hana are somehow meant to be together.. Perhaps I may become a geriatrician one day.... ??? It is interesting, really.. A vast variety of diseases from all sub-specialties in medicine. One more field to consider?? Hmmm....

No comments: