Friday, January 2, 2009

My long-lost hobby..

Hey, it's my first entry in 2009!! woohooo~!!

Class is starting this coming Monday, and I haven't done anything productive during my holiday, academic-wise (as usual). My assignment has not been touched since the week before holiday with only 1/4 of writing done. I haven't started applying for my electives mainly due to my Malay language.. it is painfully awful to read the letter I've typed out and of course, I haven't decided where and which area of medicine I intend to get myself into during summer (KL, Ampang, KT...?? Paeds, OBGYN, Med, Surg etc..???). My final year project wasn't progressing either (I know it's still early, but my supervisor is very enthusiastic about the project and wants regular updates). And I haven't flip through.. I rephrase.. I didn't even touch my medical books when I should be studying medicine for my next rotation! *sigh sigh sigh*

Nonetheless, I am proud of how I spent my holiday (apart from the fact that I've recklessly overdid my shopping... yet, I'm still looking for a new handbag~!!) =P. I am overjoyed that I have found my long-lost hobby that I have been ignoring for a few years now. I'm reading books again~!!! *clap clap clap*. No no, academic books do not count.. I'm talking about story books!!

I used to love reading.. I was introduced to story books at quite an early stage in my life. From Disney's pop-ups story books, to Enid-Blyton's, to R.L. Stine's, to Sweet Dreams series (teenage love stories.. blame my sister for this), to Stephen King's & Judith McNaught's.. I could go on and on.. I just love reading.. The last time I was really absorbed in my reading was Dan Brown's, which was like 3-4 years ago..?? Since then, it was slow.. Just occasional best-seller's especially borrowed from my friends. My new fixation on reading now is due to the movie Twilight, really.. (btw, I've watched it 4 times already.. haha). I love reading vampire-related story books since ages ago.. I was/am a fan of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and I was obsessed with L.J.Smith's Night World series. And surprise2, now I am preoccupied with Twilight Saga.. (I am on my 4th book now..).

Stuart Townsend as Vampire Lestat in Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned

The Cullen Sibling from Twilight

So, now you know why I have been relatively quiet these past few weeks.. =D

2 comments:

creme vanilla said...

hana!!! i miss u! i have something i've to give u. will u be in CUH next? yes reading story books never die. i pon didn't even look at my medical books! hehehe.

Medertainer said...

i miss u too, ezlyn~!! xoxo