Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Ramadhan Routine

If you've been wondering what the heck am I doing during my free time now that I've finished my degree but still haven't started working, allow me to tell you..

Most of the days, early in the morning, I would accompany my sister to the market (Pasar Dato' Keramat) to get her supplies of fresh meat as well as some groceries for break-fast and dinner. And now, I'm starting to learn my fishes and what type of cooking is suitable for each fish. I told you, I am a domestic goddess in the making. heh.

When we got home, my sister would start cooking her Daging Cincang Asam Pedas which will be sold in Bazaar Ramadhan.
Yummy~!!

Myself, on the other hand, would help out my neighbour for his Pucuk Ubi Tempoyak for Bazaar as well. Help out as in volunteer work, and in the West, you still got paid for volunteering, so I will get my pay at the end of the month. =P

After I've worked my biceps (right arm mainly), chopping and slicing, I would then help my sister out with her cookies, thus building my right biceps some more, rolling the dough.

After prayers and some rest, some days we might go to super markets to get some groceries, and pick up the kids from school. Got home and help out my sister in the kitchen for our break-fast and dinner. Since this Ramadhan, I've only been to the bazaar once! (when I thought that was the thing I miss about fasting in Malaysia).
And I've been to the surau once for tarawikh as I am too tired to leave the house. I would do it on my own at home if I do not doze off first.
My niece, Jasmine, waiting for tarawikh

That's basically how I spend my day this Ramadhan.

So, if you're looking for Kampung style food for buka puasa (Daging cincang asam pedas, pucuk ubi tempoyak with or without petai, ikan patin masak tempoyak and daging salai lemak cili padi), you will find the stall in Taman Melawati's Bazaar Ramdhan. You won't miss it, just look for this periuk belanga. ;)

3 comments:

mz fzn said...

haha ok2 nnt adik blk kl adik pg melawati :)

Piney said...

You have to put up some traditional Malaysian recipes some time! I'd love to try some of that Daging Cincang Asam Pedas, YUM!

Medertainer said...

i miss u Mr Piney~!!!!

it's my family secret recipe, so i can't really publish it here. he he.

xoxox