Monday, March 24, 2008

Miss my GP already....

Okay, so now I'm back in Cork for 2 weeks before having to go back to Clonmel again.. I've only been back for 3 days, and I'm starting to miss Clonmel already! =). To be honest, I wasn't that keen on leaving the comfort of my own house before, but now I have to admit that I do miss the small, peaceful and quiet town of Clonmel..

One of the things that I miss, is the comfortable double bed I slept in.. =P. Yeah, I've promised pictures right? So, here you go.. =P. This is only half of the room!! The fact that the bathroom is en-suite with hot water 24/7 leaves me no reasons not to brush my teeth everynight before going to bed.. hehehe. (It's not as if the bathroom in my house here in Cork is that far away from my room.. It's just next door.. but still, the water is freezing cold most of the time!!! =P). The name of the B&B is the Green Acres, if you're interested.. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Euro30 per nite per person.. Highly recommended.. =D.

The next thing that I'm definitely going to miss is the GP! He's such a nice man and I've learned (or learnt if you're British) a great deal from him! Got to do loads of things too! My first phlebotomy, first ECG performed on a real patient, first "exposure" to Gynaecology (if u know what I mean.. hihih), first intramuscular injection, playing with adorable children etc.. It was such a great experience.. And Dr. Lynch is a really great GP! My partner and I gave him a Thank You card and a box of chocolate on our last day there, and he gave me a peck on the cheek!! I was quite surprised! hehehe. *blush2*.

Actually, I just finished unpacking (after 3 days.. finally!! =P). I guess that shows my unwillingness of coming back to Cork.. hahaha.. I mean, I do miss Cork, and my friends too.. Ah, well.. we won't get everything we want right?

In summary, all the headaches from motion sickness of traveling back and forth every week by bus, all the hassle of packing and unpacking are all worth it! I enjoyed every second I was in the GP's, although there are other things going on through my life that is not on it's top form, I still manage to make the best out of things.. As usual, crying myself to sleep the night before, and put on my smile and being the happy-go-lucky me the next day... =).

No comments: