Sunday, April 13, 2008

2nd Week in Clonmel.. oops.. 5th week I mean..

It's Sunday again, the most dreadful day of the week..

Well, actually last week wasn't bad at all. Full day almost everyday! Last week my partner and I were attached to a great team! The consultant is a really nice man. We had a diverse team members, the consultant is an Irish, 2 Indians in the team (the registrar and one of the SHO), a New Zealand-er SHO and a Malaysian Intern (and plus 2 Malaysian 3rd meds.. =P).

As usual, followed them for ward rounds in the morning, after lunch break usually we just followed the intern, do some clerking, we did MMSEs, do some phlebotomies and cannulations etc. We also sit in with our consultant during OPD. On Wednesday, our intern was on-call, and we decided to stay in late with her but just until around half 8. It was really cool! There was an emergency-case and I really enjoyed the adrenaline-rush! And it made me feel like I was part of the team, helping them out and all.. I feel needed!! hahaha.. And a patient died and we had to go
pronounce her death.. It was my first time ever to see a patient died. Thought it would be scary, but it was a good experience though.. Wasn't scared at all, even when I had to walk alone back to the B&B at around 10pm in the dark! All the neighbouring houses were dark and quarter of the way, the only light I can see is from the moon and the stars!

Weekend in Cork felt so short! Arrived around 8pm on Friday night, had to unpack, do my laundry and this morning had to pack again and left Cork on the 6pm bus. *sigh* I AM A FREAKING NOMAD!!! You wouldn't wanna see the state of my room in Cork.. *double sigh*

So now I'm back in my room in the B&B. This week we'll be attached to a different team. Wonder how this week will be like... hmmm...

No comments: