Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Geriatrics... again...

So I'm on my 2nd week of hospital rotation here in Clonmel. I'm attached to a new team now, doing geriatrics.. again.. I did geriatrics back in the South Infirmary in Cork in February.. it was a whole month in the South, but now it's just a week.. well, actually it's great here really.. I'm enjoying my week so far.

There was an emergency today. A patient is deteriorating, suffering from respiratory acidosis. GCS was only 3 with low pH and increased level of pCO2 (obviously).. with a background history of Type 2 DM, non-smoker, and history of multiple rib fractures. The patient was gradually deteriorating since she was admitted (last week) and now she is down in the ICU..

Okay, enough about medicine. I was quite "excited" today because there is this one good-looking South African anaesthetists! =P. Hahaha.. And now I'm looking forward for my anaesthetics rotation which is next week! yeayh~! =D. Seeing him in action today gives me another field of medicine to consider for later on in my career.. he he he.. (yeah rite)

Okies.. I'm just ranting now due to my tiredness.. Later~~

p/s: I'm sorry if I bore you with medicine.. well, I'm a full time Medical student and a part-time entertainer, thus the name: MedErtainer... =P

No comments: