Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Scarrrryy...

Something scary happened to me yesterday morning as I was waiting for the bus to Clonmel. Oh, I took the 10 am bus instead of the 8 am as I had hoped.. and i made it to the tutorial just in time!! =P.

Ok2, back to the story... I was sitting on a bench in the bus station, drinking my coffee while text-ing my Dad and my boyfriend. I was doing my own thing, you know.. without the care of anything in the whole wide world. And I bet my face was like all sour because of the dreadfulness of having to leave Cork.. again..

Suddenly this one Nigerian guy came and sat next to me. If it was an old person (regardless the gender and race), I would have smiled and say hi or maybe commented something about the weather (being the friendly-bubbly-miss-Hana). But in this case, I didn't.. because based on my previous experiences, I've learned my mistake of being too friendly and too nice to people besides my patients.. if u know what i mean..

I was totally ignoring the guy beside me, even when he said hi and how r u.. I just mumbled sumthing under my breath and keep concentrating on my phone. Then, I flip my handphone closed and he started talking to me.. I couldn't find any way to just ignored him totally u know.. I wanted to just call my friend and talk on the phone just to avoid any conversation with that guy.. and it just so happened that my battery was running low!! (talking about perfect timing!!)

So, I talked to him... (have nothing that i could think of to run away from the situation... with my heavy bags and all).. we talked about the usual stuff.. where i'm from.. how long have i been in Ireland, what i'm doing here etc... And when my bus arrived, he started to ask for my number... WTH?? n i just told him that, no.. i don't give out my number to strangers and i have a busy life that i won't have time to make new friends.. but he kept on insisting!!!!!

the scary thing is that i found out that he wasn't even going to ride the bus!!! he said he was just taking a walk when he saw me, and thought I was beautiful and sat right next to me! in the freaking bus station!!! what can a girl do to have her own private moment of solitude in the world??? in the end, after i just ignored his request and about to queue up for the bus, he gave me his phone number and made sure that i saved it in my hp.. and he tried to make me promise to give him a call.. WTF??

FYI, this is not the 1st time this kinda things happened to me.. here in freaking Ireland!!! I thought I was getting away from all these desperate guys when I left Malaysia. and the thing is, if the guys who chatted me up are good looking and young, in another word: eligible.. i would be really damn flattered.. i always attracted weird, old and (sorry to say this..) ugly guys!!! I guess that's the consequences you'll get when u'r too friendly.. *sigh*

okay, enough with the scary stuff. the good stuff now! I'm with anaesthethics this week. and the whole morning today, i was with the oh-so-good-looking South African guy!! hehehehe.. *drools*

okay, enough with all the rants.. I'm supposed to be typing out my port-folio! not this blog~~

later~

No comments: